BOC: Re: Astoria show (was HF review)

Wed Apr 22 07:02:48 EDT 1998

>         Now, does anyone know where it actually is, and where the nearest
> tube and decent pint can be found? Because I've never been there...
>         Jon

Top end of Charing Cross Road, right near Tottenham Court Road tube, Central
and Northern Lines.  Buses?  176, 24, 29, 38, 14, 22, 10, 74, 8, 25, 7 (and
that's just from memory :)

Pint - well there's that Royal George place, which is the most obvious, but
I think it sucks (and last time I was there it was 2-50 for cooking lager),
so I'd suggest either the Angel in St Giles High Street (cross the road
outside the Astoria and carry on 100 yds) or the Blue Posts in Tottenham
Court Road (behind the Virgin Megastore, opposite the Dominion Theatre).

If it's fine, the Angel has a nice little beer garden, if that helps the
decision!

- Andy