LIVE 1976 VIDEO

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 22 08:40:46 EDT 1998

Russell J Hall <russell.j.hall at LMCO.COM> said
>I have both the video and the CD.  From what I saw, I do not believe
>that there
>is any difference between them (nothing cut).  Alas, the sound quality
>is the same.

Nope - ETI is on the video but not on the CD.  I reckon this could be
because the backing vocals on this song are utterly atrocious and the
people who released it reckoned the CD would get more spins than the
video, so cut it.  Either that or it was just too long for CD recording
technology a couple of years back, y'know the 74 minute threshold thing.

>For me, who only started getting into BOC late in life :(, its great to
>see the old line up and
>especially see the 5 Guitar Attack.
>
>My advice is . . . Get It!

I totally second this, the sound is dodgy, complete with various band
members kicking mic stands during their performances and the sound guys
mixing in audience mics during D&S leading to terrible bass boom, but I
absolutely love this CD, if I had to choose, I'd take Imaginos, Live 76,
ONYoOYK and a personal compilation to my desert island.

Live 76 is a gem.  Even Eric's "Get out a paper, and a pen, and you
write Dear Mr. Carter, me an' my friends wanna get high and we don't
wanna go to jail for it" and "What's the point of having a hog in the
garage if you can't go over 55 miles per hour on it, I mean, I wanna get
my motor runnin'!" make sense.  True 70's brilliance.  Abd with the
video you get to see Eric's spilt-to-the-navel leather jumpsuit and the
legendary "Here comes a man in a white suit with a Les Paul guitar,
gonna get DOWN to a little Buck's Boogie!".

Mad Geniuses all.  Arrggghhhh, where's my CD.

chris.