HW: Kula Shaker Hurry on Sundown

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Wed Apr 22 10:30:07 EDT 1998

Howdy Folks,

Just been an bought the new Kula Skaker CD single:

           Sound of Drums (Sony KULA21CD)

The title track is OK (better by far than most commercial crap in the charts)
but track 2 is good ol' "Hurry on Sundown".  It's actually a rather good
version, a lot better than the rather boppy version that the Magic Mushroom
Band did a few years back. This new version has got lots of harmonica,
accoustic guitar and hammond organ! (I LOVE hammond organ - should have payed
more attention to ELP and Deep Purple all those years ago!)

In traditional music business rip-off fashion, there are (of course) two
versions of the release, tracks 3 and 4 being different on each. As a HW
collector, only buy one, but if you're into Kula Shaker too, well you'll just
have to part with more hard earned spondoolies and get both!

We only thought that it was labels of the likes of Cherry Red / Flicknife /
Illuminated / Samurai / Thunderbolt / Iron Strike / even the mighty Castle who
made an active point of milking fans.

Having talked to Steve Freight (he bought the other version) he assures me that
his version of tracks 3 and 4 are as wishy/washy as mine. Maybe Mr. Brock and
could have used these on DH! (Only Joking!)

gt