Covers All, Tape 5 (was: Re: HW: Kula Shaker Hurry on Sundown)

reset mumford at ONLINE.NO
Wed Apr 22 10:56:31 EDT 1998

Walrus has a tape of an Austrialian band doing Master Of The Universe I
think. I also "forced" my kid brother's band to cover a few HW tunes though
the recording quality isn't great.

The Amorphis track is Levitation.

BTW, Allan, I'm not gonna ask about that Calvert/Moorcock tape again ;)

Chr.

------------
I’ll add it to the list of songs to be added to the BOC-l HW Covers
Project, for eventual inclusion in Tape 5.  It sounds like we're
approaching critical mass, and probably have enough material for
another full 90 minute tape....

The current listing of such a tape would be, per my Tape 5 Covers To Be
Archives:

Architectural Metaphor- The Golden Void
Amorphis-
Brain Surgeons- Needle Gun and Hassan I Sabha
Born to Go- ?
Pseudo Sun- Assault and Battery/Golden Void

the original Monster Magnet *demo* of Brainstorm

'Destroy All Monsters' version of the Right Stuff

Covered by Born to Go (Marc Power):
Lord of the Hornets
Hassan I Sabbah
Steppenwolf
The Right Stuff
Orgone Accumulator
Uncle Sam's on Mars
Master of the Universe
Silver Machine
Brainstorm
Aerospaceage Inferno

101 Theremins (featuring Paul Love) performing "Psonik Attahk", which,
according to the credits, is "based on 'Sonic Attack' (Hawkwind)"

'SpaceAge', the new ST37 CD/LP+7" on Black Widow includes (as
mentioned on the list a week or two ago) a cover of "Orgone Accumulator"

Kula Shaker, Hurry On Sundown (on Sound of Drums singles)

Allan.