BOC: Reverse fungus

OE3 OE3 at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 22 14:04:24 EDT 1998

In a message dated 4/22/98 2:20:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nick at THECAMPUS.COM writes:

<< Since I was the one who got the whole fungus thing going, I thought
 maybe we've all had time to debate the opposite.

 I hate being negative already, but are there any tunes people are
 getting more turned OFF to at this point?

 I haven't yet started to skip tracks on HF, but if/when I do, I think
 'Real World' will be the first to go. I work in alternative rock
 radio, and I hate the shit. This tune is too reminiscent of Dave
 Matthews and a bunch of other crap for my tastes. The Buck vocals and
 somewhat BOC-bent are the only thing saving it at this time. Leave
 the acoustics to the 'Unplugged' set. I like my BOC electric!

 -- Nick >>

next to harvest moon, real world is my favorite song on the album.  initially
i didn't care for it too much but it grew like a fungus and now it's left an
infectious residue on my mind.  it definitely doesn't sound like b.o.c.; more
like a buck solo tune.  i never thought of it in a dave matthews context.
dave matthews band's new stuff embodies his heroin-led life, and "real world"
is too "straight-sounding". (i love dave matthews, by the way.)  "real world"
is the surprise cut of the album.
now, i'll take out the trash...
i find "hammer back" and "still burning" especially repulsive.  that's all i
have to say.
so long!
oe3