HW: Covers All, Tape 5 (was: Re: HW: Kula Shaker Hurry on Sundown) and KREL

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Thu Apr 23 07:04:52 EDT 1998

Paul wrote:

>> What's on tapes 1-4?
>>
>> I may know of some other versions that you haven't heard.
>
>You can view the tape inlays at http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/paul/boc-l/covers.html
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul.

How can I buy some copies of these tapes please Paul?

Here are some other versions that you may not have come across, from a list
that Brian Tawn supplied to me a few years back:

On Record or CD (None of which I have unfortunately):

Alien Sex Fiend - Silver Machine
Doctor and the Medics  -Silver Machine
Kollaa Kestea  -  Urban Guerilla
Pop Will Eat Itself - Orgone Accumulator   (superb on my tape copy)
Hijohkaiden  - Silver Machine
Friends and Relations - Out of the Shadows (Brian says its excellent!)

On Tape: (Again none of which I have!):

Ariel - Do That
Cellular Structure - Satellite, Voids End, Heads (They call it Wired),
                    Angels of Death, Lost Chronicles
The Nowhere Band - Brainstorm (Nice cut with Female vox)
Underground Zero - Silver Machine, Master of Universe (Live with Nik guesting)

On Tape: (This time I do have copies!):

Led Condom - Silver Machine/Spirit of the Age - me and some mates, live Oct
            1992 (video soundtrack from a private gig - bit of a laugh really!)
Krel - Where are they Now (pre-Spacehead)Live'92, Supporting HW (mix desk)
Krel - Infinity (studio - Absolutely SUPERB - better than HW)
Krel - Opa Loka (studio - Again, 'kin marvellous version)
Krel - rough demos of about 45/50 mins of other HW trax
Krel - new DAT of HW covers iminent.

If you hadn't already guessed, I rather like KREL.  They have just released a
new CD called "Ad Astra", which in my opinion, is the best Space rock Album of
the  1990s so far.