OFF: BOC-L Tape

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Apr 23 14:46:45 EDT 1998

>    Hi all!You have my curiosity up-what is this, and how does it work?
>    Thanx!
>     Pam
>
>OK, what it is is this:  Everybody who's interested makes up a tape, C60,
>C90, whatever, of a bunch of their favourite weird music.  Then in 2 or 3
>weeks from now, when you've had a chance to finish it, everyone who's "in"
>writes to me (off-list) with their postal address.  I then put all the names
>in a big black top hat and in an entirely fair and random manner decide who
>should get which tape, and I write back to each of you telling you where to
>mail your tape.
>
>You then eagerly await a surprise package of music which someone else on the
>list thinks is really groovy.  You may think it sucks the big one, but
>equally you might discover your new favourite band!  I mean, we all tend to
>bang on about our own obscure favourites (I know I do :) and it's a great
>opportunity to share them, offer them up for ridicule, whatever.

It is a "ring" of sorts, right?  Every tape will eventually make the rounds?

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  | Tension
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |  Apprehension
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |    and Dissention
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |     have begun.
+--------B-L-U-E--Ö-Y-S-T-E-R--C-U-L-T--+    -Alfred Bester
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random