BOC: Reverse fungus/Real World

Fri Apr 24 04:10:00 EDT 1998

> P.S.  By the way, I agree with those who have pointed out that
> there are no
> real dogs on this album, no songs where one groans and winces and
> says "What
> were they THINKING?" because the song is so utterly substandard.
> And, y'know,
> with the exception of Imaginos, this might be the first BOC album
> since Secret
> Treaties that achieves that...

I'm afraid I don't, though - "Still Burnin'" is rather a mess to my ear, and
I confess I'm surprised by the apparent popularity of "Damaged" - I always
seem to hear an "uh-huh uh-huh" before "I like it", and any song with the
lyric "I live for rock and roll" is immediately suspect anyway!  Especially
when it rhymes with "soul"...  And the chorus to "X-ray Eyes" is really
irritating.

I'm not slagging the album off, though, it's decent enough as 90s comeback
albums go :)))

- Andy