BOC: Real World

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Fri Apr 24 00:40:18 EDT 1998

I have the annoying habit of deleting my BOC-L e-mail immediately
upon reading it, so bear with me...I'm responding to someone whose
name I can't remember...and a message others might not remember.

Someone really kicked my ass for not liking Real World. That's okay.
I simply don't care much for it. It's not that I don't like
acoustic. I love Jethro Tull and I even dig stuff like Allman Bros.
and America. And Motorhead has done some fantastic things with
unplugged guitars in this decade.
But acoustic just isn't a direction I ever saw BOC going
in...and if anyone ever told me they would, I would expect far more
original and unique playing. You don't have to diss me for not
wanting this kind of material from the Cult. How would YOU react if
they'd done Power Underneath DISpair as a hip-hop track? The subject matter
certainly lends itself to the gangsta universe, after all.

--  Nick