OFF: BOC-L Tape

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Fri Apr 24 05:24:45 EDT 1998

> > Andy, this is sort of important if it should be truly leak proof... The
> > track listing should be in with you *before* the recipients are drawn,
> > right? Otherwise someone could likely "cheat".... of course the trax will
> > be "confidential" until the poor bastard receives a tape :)
> >
> > Chr.
>
> Yep, In about 3 weeks from now I'll post a message saying, OK, who's got
> their tape ready, and only then will I draw the recipients.  I might get
> AB's tape full of Savatage and King's X... (sorry AB) or I might get the
> coolest tape imaginable from someone who usually just lurks!

Yeah, but at the same time, knowledge of who the tape is destined for might
positively affect your selection. For instance, if I get picked to send the
tape
to Andy, there ain't much point putting "When" (random example ;-) on it, 'cos
I have a fair knowledge of their taste, based on ObCD tags. I suppose this
matters less if indeed the tapes begin to circulate.

Also I made a list of 'must have' tracks last night, and given their length I
might have to spill into 2xC60 :-0

cheers,

Tim