BOC:Baltimore

Scott Heller shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Fri Apr 24 10:54:02 EDT 1998

Hej,

        A friend of mine who puts out a music zine called Chaos, sent me
this email:

I saw BOC Saturday night and I am still coming down
off the high of it.  This is the best show I've seen since I saw Jordan
Macarus (Winterhawk) in Chicago in '91.  It was even a little better than UFO
in '95 and ANEKDOTEN.  They were just so ripping, it was great!
Song selection was (don't think I'm missing anything):  Burnin' For you,
Cities On Flame, The Last Days of May (this was beyond comprehension, it was
at least 8-10 min long w/this massive fast jam in the middle), OD'd on Life
Itself, Dominance & Submission, Flaming Telepaths, ETI, Reaper, Godzilla, The
Vigil(!!!! I was totally blown away by this also), See You in Black, Harvest
Moon (another one that totally blew me away, with Allen and Buck trading lead
licks!), Live For Me, In Thee (acoustic version, like on the new album).  I
think that's it, but I can't be held accountable, as I was in rapture during
this show!  It was the first time I've seen them since like '91, far too long.
Since I last commented on it, I've also updated my opinion on the new BOC -
"Heaven Forbid," I think I said it was good or OK, something like that.  With
increased familiarity with it, it is dawning on me that this is one fucking
incredible album!!!!  I absolutely love it, I have had the songs from it
running through my head for the last 2 weeks straight.  And, it's not just one
song, it's been nearly all of them, which shows you the incredible strenght of
the songwriting in this band, even minus Albert, the songwriting is
mastergful.  I would say that the new PARIAH is the best metal album so far
this year, but the BOC is the best album for overall music, because of the
incredible variety and catchiness of the songs.

I also have the new CD and it really has grown on me a lot. I think the
best song on the CD is Damaged. I love the funky rhythm and it has the best
interplay between buck and alan on the whole CD. Great song...

One thing that I have not seen anyone dare to mention is.............

scott

ObCD- Blind Man's Bluff (Denmark 1997)

R. Scott Heller PhD
Hagedorn Research Institute