HW : Moorcock biscuits

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Apr 24 10:51:45 EDT 1998

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Jon Browne wrote:

> This was posted to the Moorcock list, thought it might apply.
>

>   ------- Forwarded message follows -------
> Dear All,
>
> This was sent to me by Mike Mooorcock.  Thought i'd pass it on, as
> instructed...
>
> "... RE:     cookies
>
> THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE----  PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT AND SEND THIS
> TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADRESS:
>
> My daughter and I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas
> and decided to have a small dessert.  Because both of us are such cookie
> lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus Cookie".  (EDITORIAL COMMENT:
> Neiman's is a VERY EXPENSIVE depertment store)  It was so excellent that I
> asked if they would give me the recipe and the waitress said with a small
> frown,  "I'm afraid not".

This is a well-known urban legend/chain letter that does the rounds on
e-mail.  I've not yet seen a variant in which Craig Shergold
inadvertently buys the cookie recipe, but give it time... :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Jethro Tull, _Thick As A Brick_ (25th Anniversary Edition)

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix