HW : Moorcock biscuits

Fri Apr 24 11:05:36 EDT 1998

        This is an old one, I'm afraid; even a Times columnist has written
an article about it (John Diamond, if anyone's interested). He actually
got in touch with Nieman-Marcus, and established that (a) there is only
one Nieman-Marcus in the US and it is not in [whatever location his vrsion
of the story specified] (though I suppose that could be out of date), and
that (b) there is no Nieman-Marcus Cookie. The person he spoke to had
heard the story several thousand times. It's either a junk-mail, or some
very cunning publicity...
                Jon