Off: Tape Project

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Apr 24 14:29:16 EDT 1998

>AB's tape full of Savatage and King's X... (sorry AB)

Ouch!  No need to apologize, but tell me, am I that transparent?
8>).

I'm still undecided on the project for a couple of reasons.  I have
maybe 200 cd's but most of these are the same artist (complete Triumph
catalog, KX, BOC etc.) so there is little in the way of different bands
to choose from.

While everyone knows I'm nuts about KX and Sav I'm not currently
considering either.  Flipping a coin between an all Galactic Cowboys or
all Saigon Kick or 50/50 both, (though the styles are universes apart.)
This leads to another question, is it fair to load up a tape that
someone in the ring may fall in love with just to find out they can't
get their hands on the bands material?  SK no longer exists though the
band is said to be re-forming with a new label and name.  Their catalog
isn't widely kept either, Towers for instance doesn't sell them anymore.
 Guess what I'm getting at is should this be limited to bands who's
music is generally available?  Granted that could be a problem anyway
with Australia/Europe/US all in the mix.  Could another rule hurt?

I just hope the Setlist Master does not partake in this project.  Won't
reveal his identiy but he is a lurker on this list with a twisted sense
of humor.  He's likely to take some gawd awful band like Loudness and
make you fall in love with them.  Half of my meager collection of
complete catalogs is a direct result of listening to this guys comps so
be warned.

Ghost in the Ruins