BOC: Reverse fungus/Real World

OE3 OE3 at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 24 18:14:10 EDT 1998

In a message dated 4/24/98 6:43:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nick at THECAMPUS.COM writes:

<< I swear I'm not trying to start trouble here, but don't you think my
 usage of a few dirty words is being taken WAY too seriously? It's
 just my opinion, and that's the terminology I chose. No specific
 reason, no truly destructive malice intended. Just kinda the way I
 talk. If we were having this conversation face-to-face, you wouldn't
 have been offended. >>

i second this guy.  on-line discourse, at least in this forum, is WAY too
steeped in wishy-washy, tiptoe-through-the-tulips, insecure b.s.  come on, if
someone is expressing a thought, idea, review, well of course it's THEIR
opinion--they wrote it!  i like reading everyone's thoughts and
interpretations on the boc-l, but prefacing each & every sentence with
disclaimers such as "i think...", "in my humble opinion...", and "if i do say
so..." reeks of insecurity.  same goes for extreme semantic dissection.
get on with it, I CAN TAKE IT!!
till next time...
oe3