BOC: Real World etc.

StevenTice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 25 00:44:31 EDT 1998

<< Someone really kicked my ass for not liking Real World. That's okay.
 I simply don't care much for it. It's not that I don't like
 acoustic. I love Jethro Tull and I even dig stuff like Allman Bros.
 and America. And Motorhead has done some fantastic things with
 unplugged guitars in this decade.
 But acoustic just isn't a direction I ever saw BOC going
 in...and if anyone ever told me they would, I would expect far more
 original and unique playing. You don't have to diss me for not
 wanting this kind of material from the Cult. How would YOU react if
 they'd done Power Underneath DISpair as a hip-hop track? The subject matter
 certainly lends itself to the gangsta universe, after all. >>

Well, first off, I was trying to be clear that I wasn't doing anything more
than taking issue with some terminology...I didn't mean to come across as
attacking you or anything, and I'm sorry if my message gave that impression.

Also, I'm glad to hear you are open to acoustic music...I'm a big fan of
Jethro Tull myself. :-)

But (re: your example), at the same time, I would have loved to have heard
even more diversity from the band...  Actually, to make a similar comparison,
I'm one of the few people who didn't despise Tull's Under Wraps album because
it was all electronic and Tull's "not supposed to be electronic."  Which isn't
to say there weren't OTHER reasons to dislike that album...:-)

SET