OFF: Fun Manchu etc in London

Sun Apr 26 17:58:54 EDT 1998

On sön 26 apr 1998 21.24 +0100 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> wrote:
> I see that Fu Manchu are at the LA2 on June 4...  can't say I was bowled
> over by them when I saw them last year (or maybe the year before) but I know
> they're popular...

     Actually, I read an interview with their singer/main-man in which the interviewer mentioned they didn't seem to be in the best form at that gig and wondered whether that was due to the tensions that resulted in the ensuing line-up changes.  The singer sheepishly agreed that it was and said he had hoped it hadn't been showing, but obviously no such luck ;)

     They _were_ better when I saw them with the new lineup, though I still think the Spiritual Beggars blew them away :)

     The review I read of _that_ gig (in Kerrap!) actually complained that Fu Manchu didn't play "Godzilla", which the crowd kept shouting for!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson