BOC: Reverse fungus

Tue Apr 28 06:19:41 EDT 1998

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 wrote:

> If Hammer Back wasn't a put-down, I'd like it a lot less.  And, it
> features some really great gtr plying to bail it out a bit as well.
> I agree that HB and SB are weak cuts, but compared to some of the
> other weak tracks from past BOC albums, they ain't bad at all...

        I had real trouble with this track until I caught on that it was
tongue-in-cheek. Thought it was much too much like 'Beat 'Em Up', though
much better. Now it's 'Damaged' that worries me on that score of poor
lyrics.
        For the record, my fungus tracks are: 'X-Ray Eyes', which grew on
me very fast, and in reverse 'Live For Me', which I skip about half the
time. But I still find all the new tracks very hard to shake out of my
head. HF now stands fifth from bottom of my BOC albums-by-favourite list,
because I've decided I like it more than 'Spectres', which I find rather
sticky and overdone.
                Jon