comparisons

Tue Apr 28 07:57:18 EDT 1998

>I think it's important to recognize that there is significant basis for
comparing BOC and tBS.  A lot of people seem to believe that because two
things are not identical or at least virtually so, they cannot or should not
be compared.  Nothing is farther from the truth, almost anything can be
compared to anything else in some useful way.

You CAN compare anything to anything else if you really want.  My point
was that comparing tBS with the *current* BOC is as useful and relevant
as comparing two seperate bands such as BOC and Pink Floyd.  The idea
that tBS and the BOC of today are more comparable because of PAST
connections doesn't wash with me.  Those connections are now severed -
there are no Meltzer lyrics, or Bouchard contributions on Heaven Forbid.
And while Malpractise has some covers of BOC tunes, those are covers of
OLD tunes, not ones recorded by the current BOC lineup.

So, if you want to compare the bands, fine by me.  But, while you're at
it, why don't you compare the new BOC with the latest Hawkwind - the 2
bands are about as closely related as the current BOC and tBS.

John