comparisons

Tue Apr 28 09:22:12 EDT 1998

On tis 28 apr 1998 07.57 -0400 "John A Swartz" <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
wrote:
> So, if you want to compare the bands, fine by me.  But, while you're at
> it, why don't you compare the new BOC with the latest Hawkwind - the 2
> bands are about as closely related as the current BOC and tBS.

     I don't know if I'd go _that_ far! :)  A lot of tunes with the
Bouchard Bros. input are still prominent in BOC's current set-list.
Comparison between tBS and BOC isn't really that surprising, no matter how
much musicological relevance it may have.  Heck--it's only rock'n'roll ...

     That said, I like _Malpractice_ better than _Distant Horizons_, and I
expect that I will like _Heaven Forbid_ better than _DH_ as well!  But
I'll reserve judgement until I've heard _DH_.

     Actually, if I were BOC, I would have unashamedly have covered
"Sisters of the Precious Blood".  Probably more creepy than anything on
_HF_ :)   But then, if I were BOC I wouldn't have taken so long to release
an album and would have certainly been raiding the "unreleased/unfinished"
vaults for material to rework if I had writer's block that bad ...

     Hey, I've no problem (in principle) with repetivity.  I don't expect
BOC to reach the heights of cleverness as they did with the Bouchards and
Pearlman aboard, but if they can crank out a few decent tunes, well, Buck
is still a damn fine guitar player :)  It _is_ only rock'n'roll.

     "Needle Gun" is, after all, a damn silly song :) but it is does
_rock_ and is good fun!

Cheers,
Carl

--