HW: Smoke Dreams ICU

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Tue Apr 28 12:23:05 EDT 1998

>> "Watching the Grass Grow" was the first two ICU albums.
>> The first was titled "Pass Out", and the second LP was
>> "Punkadelic" - quite a
>> good album really!
>
>You're forgetting the brilliant _The Maximum Effect_!
>
>> Personally, though my favourite ICU album was New Anatomy!
>
>Really?  Drum machine, "Convoy", and all?  I'd put it last!

OK, "Convoy" is rather average, but I rather like "Stop the City", and is IMO a
classic track. The reason that I never enthused about Maximum Effect, is that
it was a bit of a shock after Sphinx and HW - it took a full 4 ICU LP's before
I could cope! - hence why I suppose I prefer New Anatomy!

Actually, somebody should release a "Best of ICU" as there is probably a really
good 75minutes worth of ICU trax - lets face facts here! I think I would prefer
to listen to 75 mins of ICU highlights than struggle through 4 or 5 LPs and a
few EPs.

One of all time best ICU trax is Raj Neesh - don't know why, but its a great
song. Even my mate Michael (who ONLY listens to Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth
etc.) reckons that it is a GREAT track. He even came to Dingwalls in London
with me in 1985, to see ICU, on the strength of that track and loved the gig.

If I recall, Simon Houses' band supported that night - no violins though!

I'm waffling now!

Guy