HW: Brock & Neu!

reset3xKO mumford at ONLINE.NO
Wed Apr 29 19:17:48 EDT 1998

Wow! Ask and you shall receive!

Andrew Dawson writes:
 <snip>
>                 Dave Brock
>                 (Hawkwind)
>
> As far as i know the liner notes are only on the vinyl release and not on
> any CD's.

Neu! CDs are so far only pirates by Germanophon (I have Neu! and Neu!75)
AFAIK (I don't know about the much derided recent Neu! 4)-

> Cant remember much about the music as it's quite a few years since I
played
> it. In
> fact I only bought it for the liner notes.

Please slap it on de taple and spin Hallogallo over and over and over and
over and over and over and over...!

Its the most brutally simple piece of wonderfully drawn out, droning
motoric minimalist spacey rock with subtle guitar shifts occuring along its
boom-waka-waka-wak amphetamine spacewalk rhythmic spine... Its as generic
and stark as the album cover and 100% guaranteed satisfactory. Like
rock'n'roll from the supermarket, just add water or something. I spin it
only when I don't know what to spin.

The 10 minute Hallogallo is worth the album alone.

Chr.

-------DIY sig:
"Gustav Dore: God knows what they spiked his drinks with."