BOC: revamped set

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Wed Apr 29 19:33:43 EDT 1998

Carl wrote:
>     I love "Stairway to the Stars" :)  But the mix on the first album is
>really lifeless, IMO, whether Buck wanted it that way or not!  One does
>not feel like the band are standing just on the other side of the speakers
>when you play it, which is what I consider the ideal sound of a recording
>:)

"Stairway" was a standout at my first BOC gig (Manchester Free Trade Hall,
Late '75/Early '76) but I could hardly believe it was the same song on
album - I think "lifeless" sums up the recording perfectly...still love the
first album...any chance they'd play "Transmaniacon MC" at the Astoria *sigh*

ChrisW
"I can't believe my point of view is the only correct one." - Jerry Garcia