tBS: Grrl Power

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Thu Apr 30 00:38:42 EDT 1998

The first time I heard Brain Surgeons, I thought the Deb-sung songs
had a bit of an alternative bent to them. Even the more
straight-ahead rockers would work in today's market
of angry 'chick rockers'.
My question:  Have the Surgeons ever tried to release a tune
anywhere? If so, was it to rock or alternative radio?
Deb can be as angry and vile as Courtney Love in her sleep, plus she
can actually sing, too! And doesn't she have ties with 'Rolling
Stone'? I would think Brain Surgeons could get more exposure, and I'd
like to see it.

--  Nick