BOC: revamped set

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Thu Apr 30 04:30:06 EDT 1998

> I think the sound quality on the first album may have been
> intentionally 'ambiguous,' to highlight the sense of mystery conveyed
> by a lot of the lyrics.  That first record still sounds pretty spooky
> all these years later.  Maybe I should break down and get a
> first-rate system some day?
>
> theo

I've always thought the recording of most BOC albums was crappy in
some way...in the sense that they are probably one of the hardest
bands in history to decipher lyrically. I'm sure much of this comes
from the bizarre lyrics themselves...but I've always felt that the
words were kinda muddled. As such, having never read any actual
lyrics, official or otherwise, I've had to make up many of my own
while singing along over the years. Ironically, I think the singing
on Heaven Forbid is probably the easiest to understand of all BOC
albums (with the possible exception of CN), and yet this is the ONE
disc that contains printed words! Oh, the humanity!

--  Nick