HW: another compliation

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Apr 30 14:02:59 EDT 1998

M S Wright writes:

> It looks as if it is bits of the acid daze trilogy with the SM single.
>
> Running time 59'10". It contains the phrase 'This Album contains tracks
> that are re-recorded' which speaks for itself.

yep - sounds as if legal moves have started to get rid of this lot.
Doesn't seem to be working  8-(

> p.s I cannot remember if Jill said she liked the Pink Fairies' 'No
> picture', and as she appears to be the only other person who still buys
> new twink stuff I still stand by my warning against it. As Philosophical

Gosh - no - I protest!!  I bought a couple of really crap ones early on
and Twink has been sending me flyers ever since.    I'd been steadily
disposing of them into wastebaskets almost unread and certainly
unremarked upon when this stunning review of 'Pleasure Island' appeared
in the C&D catalogue.   So... I couldn't resist and bought it from the
shops next time I saw it - and - yes, I enjoyed the final track
immensely.    The rest of the tracks were fairly ordinary but the final
track was about 20+ mins long and a fine solid long drawn out jam session
with layers that built up steadily into a long climax with some nice
guitar work over the top of some very sensible drumming.   However apart
from this I have bought and intend to buy nothing further no matter
how many flyers Twink sends out - there may be the occasional flourish
of genius around but most of the rest appears to be unstructured dross.

obcaveat> IMO    8-)

jill

obtechnophobology> malevolent washing machines - especially ones that
try to drown you  8-(

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk