OFF: Better popular bands??

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sat Aug 1 00:07:22 EDT 1998

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> And WH rarely played slide before joining ABB!  I understand the new
> guy, Jack Pearson is a kick-ass slide player too.  I haven't seen the
> current lineup, but it might be a culture shock:  two Strats on stage

I saw the ABB just over a year ago (5th July 1997, Blockbuster Pavilion,
Charlotte, NC), and left wishing it'd been Haynes and Woody filling the
guitar and bass slots instead of Pearson and Burbridge.  Not that they
were bad, just more restrained.  Burbridge, in particular, singularly
failed to impress, lacking Woody's amazing fluidity.

To be fair, the two new members had only recently joined the ABB as
replacement, and so may still have been finding their feet.  Things may
be entirely different nowadays...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Roy Bookbinder, _Travelin' Man_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix