OFF: Space Lord mo'fo

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Sun Aug 2 00:40:55 EDT 1998

Someone forwarded this to me from the latest Rolling Stone... should
intrigue the hair metal "flush rap down the trap" T-shirt crowd here :)

"....then there is Monster magnet's "Space Lord", which bears a
remarkable resemblance to the glitzy oeuvre of rap director Hype
Williams: shiny suits, dancing girls, homeys. (Mind you , these are
hard-rock white dudes from Jersy.)
        "I've wanted to do a rap video for years," says Magnet's Dave Wyndorf.
"Those guys live the rock&Roll lifestyle.Money! Sex! CArs! Lights! Big
Explosions! that's Rock, not some whining punk on Prozac."
 The video starts out deceptively. "Joseph Kahn, the director, said.
'Why don't we trick 'em at first, with one of those horrible R.E.M.-type
videos?' " Wyndorf relates."'Where there's an old man and a bi-sezual
art student?' " Then up come the lights andout come the fly girls.
        Says's Wyndorf; "Scarily enough, there's not much diffrence between rap
videos and Eighties metal videos."

Now all you Y&T fans run out and get Monster Magnet's Powertrip!

Christian

ObCD: Pat Boone - "In The Metal Mood - No More Mr. Nice Guy" (of course!
Stairway To Heaven sounds just like the original to my ears :)