OFF: CDs WHICH QUESTION OUR WITS

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Sun Aug 2 08:53:17 EDT 1998

Troy writes:

>Well, I have all of Stryper's albums......

And you are STILL not SAVED????

>and Girlschool

I hapen to think Girlschool were kewl (with or without the Motorhead
connection)

Now: some of my secret vices - music wise - what I can find on CD:

Queen - my fave band when I was a kid, for some reason I didn't like Kiss.
Oh well. I had most of their stuff but only Flash Gordon (YAAAY!!) is left
which kicks ass and I have it on CD. I have several Queen tapes left but I
gave 'em to my mom!

Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell (obviously!)

Marillion - all the old Fish era albums on CD (but no, I am not getting the
remasters!!) - they were great-

Siouxie & The Banshees - The Dear Prudence video made me think of
unspeakable things when I was 10, so I have a comp with that on-

Sisters of Mercy - wohooo! Have all their albums on CD, exept Vision Thing
which I still have my old shitty tape dub of.

Die Cheerleader - an ep by these pseudo goth-metal chicks, for some reason
its still here.

(I'm not going on about the Pearl Jam CD and the two first Smashing
Pumpkins ones. Unplayed since ca. '94 but they are still here... hmm..)

And of course UK indie pop when it was *good* (hey Jon B, defender of
britpop!) Namely:

Blur - the first two albums, and I sold the Syd Barrett-infused Popscene EP
for $30 last year - hahaaaa!

Teenage Fanclub - The King had an awesome version of Interstellar
Overdrive, Bandwagonesque was a nice pop album. I saw them open for Nirvana
once and they kicked far more ass than Nirvana. Had several EPs and the
first album, now long gone except for the 6 track digipak of What You Do To
Me, which has Maharishi Dug The Scene on it. Quite groovy.

others: the first Kingmaker album, the first (psychedelic) Boo Radleys
album (and the awesome Lazarus EP - dub infused spacerock indeed), Curve
(who in retrospect kinda sucked except the odd song), and, ummm... Suede, I
have the Metal Mickey EP, hey at least I never got their albums, and no I
never listen to this. And the first Neds Atomic Dustbin which rocked (had
the EPs and traded them away, the second album was so bad I gave it away
within a month after purchase)

Now I've incriminated myself enough, but then again I incriminated myself
at the time by also being into Hawkwind??? enjoy-

Christian