OFF: UK Charts

Mon Aug 3 08:27:01 EDT 1998

>      Man, I saw Godzilla the other night and well, it coulda been
> more lame than it was, I suppose, but at least bits of NYC got
> twatted, which is always good in my book.
>      But I paused briefly at the end to hear the above, and, hmm
> well, the Kashmir riff was OK (but we knew that), but er, hm,
> assuming they didn't suddenly change to another song in the middle
> of the end credits ... that Puff guy cannot sing to save his
> sorry ass!  I fled the theatre before I had to hear any more :)

Carl, where ya bin?  It's not singing, it's called "rap", and according to
the Chambers Dictionary, it's "a rhythmic monologue delivered over a musical
background; a type of music consisting of such monologues".  Very popular
with the young folks, I understand!  See _Lost in Space_ instead, and stay
for Apollo 440 over the end credits!

I forgot to mention the Leo Sayer remix that's appeared in the lower reaches
of the forty...  wonder if HLL's on it anywhere?

- Andy