HW: Hawkwind = SLACK??

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Aug 3 13:28:26 EDT 1998

I was just reading the post-X-Day SubGenius site, when I followed a link
to a Boston Globe article about X-Day.  Imagine my shock (and cosmic
horror) when I came across this paragraph...

        Nearly 20 years of the church's twisted prophetical ramblings
        will climax tomorrow. July 5, 1998, was named doomsday 18 years
        ago, when Bob dictated his message to ''sacred scribe'' and
        cofounder Doug Smith, a.k.a. Reverend Ivan Stang of Garland,
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
        Texas. Stang has since compiled Bob's message into books,
        pamphlets, and a Web page at www.subgenius.com. ''Just like in
        other religions, it's not so much that we love Bob; it's the
        idea of everyone else going to hell,'' Stang said.

(Source: http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe/globehtml/185/July_5__1998__Apocalypse__nah.htm)

This thing is bigger than we all thought...

or KILL ME! ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD-R: Gov't Mule, Ziggy's, Winston-Salem, NC, 10th July, 1997

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix