OFF: UK Charts

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Aug 4 19:54:43 EDT 1998

The Automind writes:

> If it really catches, Moorcock could start writing new Jerry Cornelius
> novels! It would be interesting to see what he'd do to satirize the
> imitation of his original targets.

Good plan - and I'd love to see a updated film version of Jerry
Cornelius with all the cynical view of a character simply getting
on and making a success of his life while the rest of the world is
falling apart all around.   The problem would not be portraying the
Cornelius character, who is fairly universal IMO, but the
personalities around him - most of these are written more in the
form of Charles Dickens' grotesque caricatures and would be
difficult to put into a film environment where a more realistic
(?believeable) frame of reference is needed.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk