New Moorcock Films (Was - UK Charts)

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Tue Aug 4 20:25:40 EDT 1998

         Well, there has been a new short story, as well as an appearance in
the new comic. Which keeps maniacs like me up do date on what Pierrot is
getting up to at present...

> Good plan - and I'd love to see a updated film version of Jerry
> Cornelius with all the cynical view of a character simply getting
> on and making a success of his life while the rest of the world is
> falling apart all around.   The problem would not be portraying the
> Cornelius character, who is fairly universal IMO, but the
> personalities around him - most of these are written more in the
> form of Charles Dickens' grotesque caricatures and would be
> difficult to put into a film environment where a more realistic
> (?believeable) frame of reference is needed.

        Well, I won't make any comment with regards to a hypothetical new
Jerry film, but here's two I'd like to see.
        The Brothel in Rossenstrasse - Directed by Peter Greenaway, Music by
the Deep Fix.
        Gloriana, Or the Unfulfill'd Queen - Directed by Terry Gilliam,
Music by the Deep Fix.
        Mmmmmmmmmmm..... (drool drool)

- Max Wilcox

PS. While I'm at it, on the Gilliam topic....

OBFilm - Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (I know *exactly* how it feels - well,
almost).