OFF: UK Charts

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Aug 5 11:49:43 EDT 1998

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Jean Lansford wrote:

> Armageddon is fun and the science is good enough to not bounce most
> people out of the film.  NASA was involved in making it.  As for

Funny, I heard the opposite: that _Deep Impact_ had the decent science,
and that _Armageddon_ didn't.  One example cited was the spacecraft
used.  In _Deep Impact_, they use something big and beefy---like it
could handle a long flight---but in _Armageddon_, they hurtle off in
what look like souped-up space shuttles, which would've run out of juice
long before they reached the thing.  Also, the notion that a body "the
size of Texas" could sneak up on the Earth at such short notice is a
little too hard to believe.

Still, the important thing is that New York City gets bashed
spectacularly... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Blue Oyster Cult, _The Thing!_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix