OFF: Folk was (RE: OFF: UK Charts)

Wed Aug 5 14:59:28 EDT 1998

> On ons 5 aug 1998 19.28 +0100 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
> wrote:> ObCD: Eliza Carthy - _Red Rice_
>
>      Uh oh!  Distressing trend, Andy!  First the Kathryn Ticknell
> CD, and now this ... ;)

Folk music, I know, but some programming and drum'n'bass-y bits too...
anyway I felt like branching out, and shopping in the folk section always
gives a little frisson of, y'know, forbidden fruit...  I think that makes
three folk albums I've got in total, if you count the Shooglenifty, so it's
under control!  (I mean, I've got just as many Mylene Farmer albums as I've
got folk albums... :)

Anyway, some of the vocals and the occasional bit of fiddle are a little bit
too trad for my tastes, really, but she's undeniably brilliant at what she
does, and it's a useful album to have.  And reasonably hip too :)

- Andy