OFF: UK Charts (Deep Impact v Armageddon)

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Wed Aug 5 14:53:04 EDT 1998

At 11:49 05/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Jean Lansford wrote:
>
>> Armageddon is fun and the science is good enough to not bounce most
>> people out of the film.  NASA was involved in making it.  As for
>
>Funny, I heard the opposite: that _Deep Impact_ had the decent science,
>and that _Armageddon_ didn't.

Radio 4's "Front Row" arts programme gave Armageddon the thumbs up - well
written, believable characters & dialogue, an ensemble cast (not just a
star vehicle for Brucie) and a degree of emotional commitment.  I also got
the impression that the SFX served the story rather than the other way round.

BTW I think Texas probably could sneak up - in astronomical terms it's not
that big!

ChrisW

Free your mind & watch your ass!