HW: Business Trip

Andrew Dawson adawson at CLARA.NET
Wed Aug 5 15:37:38 EDT 1998

At 19:34 05/08/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Andrew A. Apold schrieb:
>> My version of The Business Trip was not in a jewel
>> case, it was a cardboard case with flip open panels.
>> A recent conversation lead me to believe it is also
>> available in a jewel case.
>>
>> Is there any difference between the cds from the two
>> forms of packaging?  (Don't know the label for the
>> other, but mine is EBS.)

<To which Andreas replied
<
>I´ve got both versions. The one with the cardboard sleeve is the UK
version on
>EBS, though I think there must be a version of it on Griffin too because the
>jewel case version has 2 label numbers on it, one for the normal version
>(GCD-280-2) and one for the Digipak version (GCD-279-2). Anyway, the
difference
>between those two is that the Jewel case version has a 12 page booklet
with a few
>photographs more (and bigger ones). But the best version is the vinyl album !
>
>Andreas

Both digipak & jewel case versions were released in the U.K & the USA as
well as on vinyl.

Digipak U.K EBSSCD 111, USA GCD-279-2
Jewel case U.K EBSCD 111, USA GCD-280-2
Vinyl U.K EBSLP 111, USA GCD280-1

The digipak and vinyl releases are,  I believe, identical as they carry
both catalogue numbers.
The jewel case releases, apart from having the booklet mentioned above,
which by the way is identical in both releases, has slightly different
artwork on the front. The discs are also different. The U.K release is a
plain silver disc with black and purple printing whereas the USA release
has the "standard" doremi shield printed on it in common with most Griffin
releases.

To view the artwork differences take a look at
http://home.clara.net/adawson/bus-trip.html

Andy

Andrew Dawson
adawson at clara.net
Into Hawkwind ?
Then check out the Worldwide discography.
http://home.clara.net/adawson