HW: Strange Daze 98 questions

Captain Cloud capcloud at PALMNET.NET
Wed Aug 5 22:01:45 EDT 1998

I hate to break up the movie review section (in fact I've had
trouble staying out of it up 'til now :-), but I'm starting to
prepare for Strange Daze '98 and thought I'd toss out some
questions:

Has anybody ever been to "Nelson Ledges Quarry Park" in
Garretsville Ohio before?  Specifically, I'd like to know more
about the availability of food, drink, water, showers, rest rooms,
etc.etc. before I arrive on-site.  One of the small details that
made SD97 such a success was that the campsite had most amenities
available, including a hot kitchen.  If we are equally lucky at
this year's site, then happy I shall be...

However, if I have to slog in all the food/drink/water/toilet paper
that will be needed for the weekend, I'd sure better get planning.
Since I will be flying into Cleveland on Friday morning it would
really mean that I'd be buying all supplies on the road...  :-(

Yet another question revolves around Sunday night.  Apparently
the SD98 ticket covers camping on Fri and Sat but not Sunday.
Will we be allowed to continue camping on Sun nite (for a fee
I assume), or will we have to vacate the park and find a hotel?

Anybody with any answers to the above, before I start bugging
Jim Lasko for an answer?

Did anyone else notice that Nash the Slash seems to have disappeared
from the SD98 advert?  I was actually looking forward to Nash,
since I have some of his releases as well as some FM releases.
Still, I'm more than glad that Melting Euphoria will be showing up.

I also noticed that M.E. appears to be organizing a show with ArcMet
on Thursday (13th) at Wetlands NYC, and possibly another on Sunday
(16th) at Coney Is.High NYC.  Whoever doesn't make it to SD98
should consider checking these folks out.

ObLP:  The Spacious Mind - 'Garden of a Well Fed Head'
--
Captain Cloud
capcloud at palmnet.net
http://www5.palmnet.net/~capcloud/