OFF: UK Charts

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 6 08:01:52 EDT 1998

> From:          Carl Edlund Anderson <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK>
>
>      Well, the stealth planes I've seen look pretty smart--very
> sci-fi.  Saw one fly over Boston a year or so ago and it looked
> pretty snazzy.  Saab has a new fighter?  This is news to me--I've
> not kept on on recent developments as well as I might!  The
> other Saabs were pretty cool.  I liked the Harrier as well :)
>
>      Still, the A-10 is my fave.  Low, slow, and heavy-hitting.
> The Kyuss of Airplanes!
>
>      I think I just like lo-tech thunder :)
>
> Cheers,
> Carl
The scariest-looking plane I've ever seen was a B-1 bomber at an air
show a couple years ago.  The matte paint job, and the ominous
plackard next to the plane casually telling us that this one plane
could level 30 cities with cruise missiles, the fact that this
relatively-small-looking plane could carry a much larger payload than
a B-52.  And the SMG-armed, beret-wearing APs stationed around the
plane to keep spectators from getting too close...Well, it was quite
a sight...

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."