OFF: UK Charts

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Aug 6 11:20:40 EDT 1998

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> The scariest-looking plane I've ever seen was a B-1 bomber at an air
> show a couple years ago.  The matte paint job, and the ominous
> plackard next to the plane casually telling us that this one plane
> could level 30 cities with cruise missiles, the fact that this
> relatively-small-looking plane could carry a much larger payload than
> a B-52.  And the SMG-armed, beret-wearing APs stationed around the
> plane to keep spectators from getting too close...Well, it was quite
> a sight...

I saw the plywood prototype mock-up for the Stealth Fighter, at the SD
Air and Space Museum, Ellsworth Air Force Base, Rapid City, SD.  Does
that count? ;-)

(Though, I confess, their B-52 and B-29 struck me as being more
impressive.)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Nik Turner, _Past or Future?_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix