OFF: summer films

Jean Lansford lansford at VNET.NET
Thu Aug 6 12:21:32 EDT 1998

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> wrote:

>On ons 5 aug 1998 16.11 +0000 "Jean Lansford" <lansford at VNET.NET> wrote:
>> If you liked The Rock you'll like Armageddon.  It also reminds me in
>> places of Top Gun.
>
>     Eeek!  Can't stand Top Gun!  Didn't see the Rock.  Hmmm, this
>is worrying.  May simply skip this one.

Only in the general sense that you're following the characters through
all aspects of an experience, from learning about the asteroid through
a minimum of training through actually trying to accomplish what
they've been training for.  (I didn't care much for Top Gun, either,
but I can't think off hand of another of that type of movie.)

Jean Lansford
lansford at vnet.net
http://users.vnet.net/lansford/