Space Folk (was: OFF: UK Charts)

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Fri Aug 7 05:57:18 EDT 1998

At 09:24 07/08/98 +0100, Andy Gilham wrote:
>Don't know about space-folk, but the _other_ folk album I have is by the
>aforementioned Shooglenifty, a Scottish six-piece who describe their style
>as "acid croft".

I haven't heard that band, but I do recommend Martyn Bennett's "Bothy
Culture".  This mixes folk tunes with "dance" beats, using a fair range of
instruments and styles.  It makes excellent driving music for the Highlands!

Dave.

Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.