OFF: Space-Folk

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Aug 7 19:06:40 EDT 1998

I seem to have stirred up quite a few interesting items with this thread,
and I've got a feeling my wallet's going to suffer for it.

At 10:00 07/08/98 +0100, Tim replied:
>> Nice to know I'm not alone... "Space-Folk" nominations anybody?
>> How about John Martyn/Live At Leeds or Afro-Celt Sound System/Volume One
>
>Afro Celt Sound System -  now yer talking! In fact, there's a dose of this on
>my boc-l swap tape, out there somewhere...

Anybody who likes that should investigate Celtarabia/Ancient Forces - more
acoustic/traditional, but in the same spirit.  I'll also back up Andy's
Shooglenifty recommendation - I have the "Venus In Tweeds" album and rate
it v.highly - the title track is a hoot: Velvet Underground in the heather?
 I saw them (and the Afro-Celts) at WOMAD a couple of years ago, blindin'
stuff!

ChrisW
NP: Celtarabia/Ancient Forces

Free your mind & watch your ass!