tBS: Richmond's gig (was OFF: RE: t-shirts)

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Mon Aug 10 10:50:55 EDT 1998

Ghost said:
>More importantly will aybody be able to tape Jason's froog this show.
>8>)

Sorry, not this time.  He was his usual self though.

Set list:

St. Vitus Dance
I Am the One You Warned Me Of
Date With a Guitar
Baby Ice Dog
Gun
A Kiss is a Promise
Laura's Plastic Swords
My Civilization
Gimmie Nothin'
The Red & The Black
Dominance and Submission
Name Your Monster (with improv jam and Chinese Fire Drill drum solo)

Good turnout in a small club including a few die-hard fans.  The band
could barely fit on stage.  You literally could not fit another mic on
there.  I felt sorry for Peter, who was crushed between his mic and his
amps with hardly any room to manuever.  The band sounded tight and Billy
and Peter played some ripping solos.  The crowd was pretty into it, esp.
Al's many cousins who were in the audience.  I think one of them was the
bass player for the 1st opening band, "Slight Psych".

Highlights:
A Kiss is a Promise (the best version I've heard.  Peter's solo came
through loud and clear)
I Am the One (always a highlight)
Date With a Guitar (I don't think I've heard this since the 3 set Auburn
gig.  Loud and heavy!)
tR&tB (fastest version I've heard (inc. current BOC.) 5 guitar jam)
Name Your Monster (an improv treat with the strangest drum solo I've
ever seen)

Anyway, it was another great show by the band, and a teriffic way to end
the Summer mini-tour. Looking forward to more gigs before the new album
comes out next year!  The new album will have at least 6 tunes written
by Billy, as well as songs from Peter.  I can't wait to check it out!

Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"We are drawing a moustache on the wanted poster of the face of music."
-Fierce Wicker