BOC:setlist good vs. getting stale

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed Aug 12 08:41:01 EDT 1998

>On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, <Nick English> wrote:
>> BTW - Did anyone else cry foul at Joan Crawford's exclusion from the
>> Workshop compilation? What's the deal with that?!
>>
>> --  Nick
>
>It's not actually written by band members, so the band may have preferred
>self-penned material.

?  Joan Crawford is by Albert, Jack Rigg and Roter....  yes, it was partly
written by people outside BOC, but so were lots of things on WOTT.

And they put Dancin' in the Ruins on there, which was entirely an
outside composition written by people not even mildly associated with
BOC.

I don't think the band had any input on what was on WOTT.  I remember an
interview with Eric in which he said that, then added he thought the selection
was mostly OK.

I think most people have a few items they thought should've been different,
(for me it would be their Cultosaurus treatment, leaving off Unknown Tongue,
Lips in the Hills, Black Blade, etc.)  but still consider it the best
compilation available (until we get our boxed set)...

 And he took the stars in his hands
 and as he scattered them he'd shout:
 "I'm the Joker of the Universe!
  I'm What it's all about!"

  - "The Great Sun Jester"
   by Blue Öyster Cult (Eric Bloom, Michael Moorcock)

-AAA