HW: Unusual version of Quark????

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 13 12:32:55 EDT 1998

Mark Edmonds writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Whilst shopping yesterday (Selectadisc, London) I came across a version
> of Quark which I hadn't seen before. Its on the Griffin label (catalogue
> number GCDHA-162-2), has the standard track list but has a completely
> different cover to the power station interior we all know. I was hoping
> it might be a new master but unlike the Griffin ASAM, I cannot tell any
> immediate difference.
>
> Has anyone come across this before and know whether there is any
> difference to the original Virgin CD release and WHY the cover was
> changed?

Haven't seen this one.  Could you describe the cover?  My guess is that
when Quark was released in the States under the Griffin lable they
either decided to or had to change the cover - perhaps the artwork
copyright had run out by then?

Dunno - just guessing.

jill

ObAmusement> watching the Porcupine Tree mailing list turning into a
Hawkwind discussion group  8-))

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk