OFFISH: UK TV & TOURS

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sun Aug 16 11:41:58 EDT 1998

Stuart A Hamilton writes:

> A couple to check the TV guides for.  BBC are starting a new
> series of Rock Family Trees in September.  One called
> "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is self explanatory and there's
> also a prog special, about which I have no details, but
> surely there has to be some HW.

Thanks for this!    I think the Beeb may have done something similar
to this a while ago that I'm sure I remember watching.   It must have
proved successful but there were some very explicit comments made by
ex-band members of various groups and I wondered at the time whether
any ex-Hawkwind member would *dare* to be interviewed on TV about
Hawkwind history - at least while the band is still around and willing
to issue libel writs!

> Definately off, but possibly of interest - Marillion are
> touring soon and Man are beginning their 30th anniversary
> tour at the end of October.

Even further off topic but I went to see Steve Harley doing an acoustic
set last night.  Admittedly his voice is a bit off these days but his
guitar playing is fine and the person playing with him (Nick Pynn) is a
brilliant, brilliant musician and the two of them work off each other
with incredible power and tension.   I have never heard two acoustic
guitars played with such intensity - utterly brilliant.   Apparently the
two of them will be playing with a rock band tonight and tomorrow
somewhere down in Shropshire before returning to Edinburgh - so if there
is anyone in the Shropshire area look for posters and go along.   You
will not be disappointed!

jill

obDisappointingGig> Spiritualized.  Gospel choir and Barber Shop
harmony.  Not what I expected!

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk