HW: SD 98

Dan Witt hawkwind1 at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Aug 17 01:03:39 EDT 1998

Just got in from the show.

Biggest news: Dave Brock and Ron were not allowed in the country(good
ol' USA for ya), I'm sure more news on that will get posted. Jerry,
Richard, and Captain Rizz(I think) played with a couple stand-ins. They
played about six songs with some extended jams. From memory they played
Time WE Left, Warrior at the Edge of Time, Space is Deep, Golden Void,
Brainstorm. It was about 65 minutes. I'm sure they did their best, but
it wasn't quite for me.

Arc Met, who I was looking forward to seeing, was unable to play Friday
as scheduled because of a theft that had taken place the day before.
They were however rescheduled for Sunday at noon, but I had to leave
early Sunday for the 12 hour drive home.

F/i put on a great show, I'd have to say it was my favorite of the
weekend.  Something really seemed to irritate Brian(the guitarist) after
a few songs, he just about threw his guitar down and was pointing at the
speakers, anybody know what happened?

Pressure Head put on a good show too, vocals were a little too buried
though.

The sound system was great, really clean sound. Attendance seemed up
from last year, and there were many new faces. I ran into a few list
people; Bob Lennon, Eric Sigelman (sp), Keith Henderson, and Stephen
Lindsey.  I took a bunch of pictures and will get them on the net when I
have a chance.

Hope it happens again next year, it was well worth the long drive.