BOC Oklahoma City Show - 08/15/98

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 17 10:19:03 EDT 1998

Went to the OKC show Sat night.

The show was an outdoors concert, presented in the back parking lot of the
Bricktown Brewery.  I got there late, in the middle of the Nazareth set.
April Wine apparently went first.

I neglected to bring a pen, but my recollection is that the setlist is the
same as the Wichita show two nights earlier, except the encore was TR&TB
instead of D&S.

Before their set (which started at 10:35), the radio guy doing the band intro
said "There's no curfew tonight and these guys might just play all night!".  I
had my doubts.  After an 80 minute set, they came back out for the encore.
Eric said "No curfew, huh?  (Crowd cheers)  We've gotta be in El Paso tomorrow
night, but I guess we've got time for one more!"  (Combination of cheers and
boos)  They then ripped into and through TR&TB.  85 minutes total.  Finished
at midnight.  Curfew wasn't an issue...

Band looked and sounded great at the show.  Bass and drum solos during 'Zilla
were longer than in Wichita.

R.