HW: TRANSMISSION FROM STRANGE DAZE II

sprawl sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Mon Aug 17 20:20:07 EDT 1998

Just back.
No Dave.
No Ron.
It STILL KICKED ASS.
The sound system sucked. Ask any band member of any band that played
there.
The fill in bass player was at least as good as Ron Tree, maybe better.
Jerry Richards needs a headset mic.
The new version of Space is Deep is the lousiest bit of noise I have
ever heard. Made me want to go shopping at k-mart.
Jerry was awesome, great interaction, killer vocals on Spirit of the
Age.  Rizz was cool, but too much repetition, too much "hip-hype."
(Anyone who thinks he can't sing hasn't heard his new album- "I can see
clearly now the brain is gone.")

Richard did an incredible introduction which (at least in MY camp,)
earned him the name Richard the Savage.
{{{{{WE ARE WHAT"S LEFT!!!!!}}}}

The camp ground was a cesspool.  The people who ran it were great, but
inadequate facilities, uncontrolled raiding by local animals (spelled
p-u-n-k-s,) and a terrible stage setup, made it tuff to enjoy.

Still it was a great time, and I for one think that the tapes from this
gig will be in HIGH demand.

I truly believe Dave would have been VERY PROUD of his mates.

Oh yeah. One thing sucked. This over-acid-dosed fruit tried to torch
himself in our bon-fire.  I had to drag him out.

RJ